Meet the Nexus, a new guide from GRACE Communications Foundation, shows you how everyday food, water and energy decisions have a profound effect on each other. The guide suggests nine simple choices that you can make to use food, water and energy more sustainably in your daily life – and save some money too!
- The food, water and energy nexus is simply where and how these three systems connect:
- It takes water and energy to produce the food you eat.
- Energy is used to move water to your home, to heat that water and then to clean up the water you send down the drain.
- Water is required to run power plants safely and to produce oil, gas and coal.
- Some food crops are turned into fuel for vehicles.