Lawn to Lunch
"Lawn to Lunch" is made up of a group of people in the Yeppoon and Rockhampton Regional area of Queensland, Australia who have a passionate interest in promoting backyard self sufficiency.
L2L is all about building strong communities through sustainability as without a strong community change cannot take place.
- Permaculture and Micro-Farming in backyards and small land holdings
- Growing Fruits and Vegetables
- Heirloom seeds, seed saving and seed exchange with other members
- Aquaponics - Growing eatable fish and plants together in a balanced environment
- Low Technology - Wood fired pizza ovens, rope pumps, solar cookers etc
- Renewable Power - Wind & Solar including building your own solar panels and wind turbines
- Excess food exchange and Gleaning (making use of food that would have gone to waste)
- Food storage and preparation
- Backyard Livestock
- Sharing and exchanging items that are no longer needed